Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Celebrating the Paper Anniversary

We can't believe a year has alread passed. It seems like yesterday we were dancing at Estates, or sipping pina coladas in Mexico. I'm sure every year will feel this way.

We celebrated our 1-year anniversary by having dinner at Spezzo's (our rehearsal dinner restaurant) on Saturday night, and Mike made a wonderful dinner at home on Sunday night. It was really sweet - and he's such a good cook. The big surprise meal (because I wasn't allowed in the kitchen the whole day) was that he re-made the dinner we had at our wedding. So there we were having a 4-course meal including homemade veal/goat cheese ravioli, julienne salad, honey & mustard crusted chicken supreme and creme brulee by birch tree candlestick light, just like a year ago. We finished it off with champagne and our wedding cake - which was surprisingly good after 12 months in the freezer.

No longer newlyweds, I guess we're just an old married couple now ;)

1 comment:

Zanne said...

Hey Sweetie! What a romantic way to celebrate--kudos to Mike for duplicating the meal! How romantic!!! Blessings and a world of happiness to you both!