Sunday, October 06, 2013

Forts

Daddy worked a very long, overnight shift last night, and when the kids got up, I brought them downstairs to keep them entertained while he slept. So we made forts!

Except all Adam wanted to do, was collapse the fort. And that quickly turned into them leaping from cushion to cushion.

We were TRYING to be quiet, I swear!

He's getting really good at somersaults :)

They were starting to get a bit loud and I really wanted Mike to sleep longer, so I busted out some puzzles. A perfect quiet activity... just wish the attention span would have lasted longer than 5 minutes on this...

Once Mike did wake, we took the kids out for a walk to get some fresh air. Look both ways before you cross the street!

Adam was a slow poke, so Caitlin and I waited for him to catch up. And when he did, there were big hugs between the two of them :)

They had good fun playing with each other today - as always :) They also goofed around again while I made dinner - running through the kitchen and climbing all over each other in the living room. I decided to break it up by plopping Adam in his high chair so I could finished cooking. Just as well, because I could tell by the over-hyperness that they were tired and needed some sort of a rest before I made them eat!

I flicked on a movie and emptied the dishwasher. I went to bring the plates for dinner over to the table, and guess who fell asleep sitting up?!

He was completely out cold! I tried to wake him because any short nap would ruin his sleep tonight, but he wanted nothing of it. He finally did come to, but kept his eyes sealed shut and swatted my caresses away with his hands while saying 'NO!'.

I'm surprised he actually fell asleep like this, as he never sleeps anywhere but his crib (car naps don't go so well), but also not surprised because he missed his nap today.

Early night for sure.

No comments: