Caitlin's best friend, Dani, had her second birthday party at a play centre today - it was so much fun! Not only did Caitlin have a blast, Mike and I had a great time playing with her and watching her run around.
There was an enormous slide there; definitely too big for our little munchkin to tackle, but that didn't stop her. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of her going down this 'dangerous slide' as I dubbed it (a term from my own childhood!)... she literally flew down it like a piece of teflon, and I had to catch her at the bottom. But I did get some snapshots of her bouncing around on the trampoline like a favourite certain bunny:

We then made our way into the party room for some lunch. Waiting for pizza...

Waiting for pizza...

The birthday girl gets the first slice! Yummy pizza Dani :)

Happy #2!!

Caitlin's new favourite song is 'Happy Birthday', so she grinned from ear-to-ear while we all sang it to her best friend and watched her blow out her candles :)

Cupcake time!
Caitlin was
very specific on what kind of cupcake she wanted; she had a choice of vanilla or chocolate with either pink or green icing. After some debate, she made her selection. I even tried to trick her to see how serious she was - here goes the conversation:
Me: Caitlin, what type of cupcake do you want? Do you want chocolate or vanilla?
Caitlin: Ummmm, chocolate, yeah, yeah
Me: Okay, what colour icing do you want? Pink or green?
Caitlin: Ummmm, green!
Me: Okay, so a vanilla cupcake with pink icing?
Caitlin: No mommy! Green chocolate!
Me: Oh, okay sweetie (smirking)

She innately knew which part to eat first... the icing!

But the rest was not far behind...

When she finished lunch, Caitlin was eager to play on the princess chair by all the presents. Peek-a-boo!

I joined in on her fun :)

Birthday hugs! Fun party Dee-Dee!

Caitlin had such a great time, she didn't want to leave. When we got in the car, she started to cry and sing 'Happy Birthday' through the tears :) She also kept repeating 'more Dee-Dee party, cake, blow!'. When we got home, she went down for her nap and slept for a solid 2 hours - for someone who typically sleeps only 1, we knew she was truly tuckered out from a great morning.
Don't worry sweetie, another party is around the corner :)
No comments:
Post a Comment