Sunday, May 24, 2009

Catching Up

I'm a few days behind in updating my blog because we had a rough go of it the past couple of days. We've decided that the reason she is so upset between 9pm and 1am is that my little muffin has a build up of gas that amounts from the day and causes her quite the discomfort when it's 'going to bed time'. I've been trying to do a better job of burping her during the day to help, but she holds onto them so well that it's difficult to get it out of her. We tried gripe water, and other than knocking her out for 20 minutes, it didn't do much. We bought some Ovol as well, but have yet to use it. I'd like to try a few different things first - like changing my/her diet before we give her medication. Poor little gassy Caitlin!!

Here's daddy hanging out with her during the calm periods in the afternoon :)


So, to catch up, here's what's happened the past couple of days:

Fashion Show! Although she pretty much lives in jammies all day long, I decided I better start dressing her up in the beautiful clothes my mom made for her before she grows out of them. She's like a weed at the moment, so they won't last long, and I know how much time my mom puts into these outfits. So here's my little girl ready to walk the catwalk! There were also two cute little sundresses mom made and brought to the hospital, but when I went to put them on her the other day, her head and her chest were already too big to fit through the openings... I guess we'll be saving them for dolly clothes instead!




Then, we also took Caitlin to her 92-year old great grandmother's place (my mom's mom) to introduce the two. We have many other great grandparents to visit still - she's a lucky girl; she's got 4 great grandmothers and 1 great grandfather!


The three of us have also done a few more walks outside now that the weather is gorgeous. We had to change the head hugger in her car seat from a newborn to the toddler size because our little monkey's head is far too big for it. She absolutely LOVES the car seat -- which I'm thankful for because there have been a few 2am car rides to settle her that seem to work like magic.

2 comments:

Dana Colotelo said...

Hey,

I'm sure you will get lots of advice for the gas situation, but these were a few things that worked for us:

Pushing legs gently up to belly.

Rubbing belly in clockwise direction.

If you are giving any formula you may want to try switching brands.

Breastfeeding - stay away from spicy foods, dairy and gasy veggies like brocholi.

Bottle types (if bottle feeding at all) also make a difference, I highly highly highly rec. Dr. Brown's bottles. They draw the air to the back of the bottle so there is very little air actually digested by baby.

i hope things get better for you!

Anonymous said...

I love the car seat pic! She's got her hands crossed so daintily.

And Daddy looks tired in the first picture...

Janina