Monday, December 28, 2009

Barney Rubble Face

Caitlin is such a great little eater now. When I first started introducing food, I'd have to give her 1-2 tsp right before her bottle rather than right after one because she just wasn't interested. But then it would screw up how much milk she'd take...

Now, she's eating about 1 tbsp of 3 different things - like cereal, a veggie and a fruit - at once. She gets it ALL over her face though!

At least she likes to have her face wiped... she even steals the cloth to do it herself. And then suck on the cloth afterwards of course.

Here's a rundown of what we've tried and what she likes:

Rice Cereal - Not so much... it tastes gross.
Oatmeal Cereal - I really like it, it's like I'm eating real food... Almost.
Barley Cereal - I didn't like it at first, but now I don't mind it.
Mixed Cereal - My favourite if I had to pick one, although Oatmeal is just as good.
Carrots - I hate them. They are the most disgusting thing ever... they made me gag and throw up which then makes them taste even worse.
Squash - I like them. Except I accidentally squeeze them out of my mouth as I'm eating because it's so runny/watery.
Sweet Potato - I like them. Thicker than squash but just as sweet.
Peas - I really like them. They even make my crappy cereals taste better.
Apple Sauce - So so... I make funny scrunched up faces because I'm not sure about it.
Beans - I really like beans! Green or yellow, beans are delicious! I'm definitely related to my Auntie Becky :)
Prunes - I LOVE them! I suck them right off the spoon and smack my lips :) What a weird kid!
Peas & Carrots - Evil mommy tries to trick me into eating carrots, but I can tell they're disguised!
Bananas - Meh, they're alright. Daddy says they're the best, but I wasn't too impressed.
Peaches - I really like peaches... almost as much as prunes.
Apricots - I guess I have a sweet tooth because I also really like apricots. Yum!
Apple Raspberry - I LOVE them... in fact, they just might be my favourite of all.

We're done fruits and veggies now... onto combinations and meats! I hear they smell disgusting, so I'll try not to make faces while I'm feeding it to her :)

No comments: