The Olympic Torch relay was a bust this morning. My friend Katie and I decided to pack the kiddies up at the last minute and rush to see the flame flicker through the neighbourhood. Once in a lifetime opportunity, right?
Here is Caitlin waiting patiently in her stroller as helicopters flew overhead to cover the event.


But by the time we got them ready, people were walking back. So we decided to put them in their car seats and rush over to another area where the torch was supposed to pass.
Here is Caitlin waiting patiently by the side of the road - you can see the flashing lights coming our way. How exciting!

Except, that's pretty much all we saw. Flashing lights on speeding OPP cruisers and two Vancouver 2010 shuttle buses. That was it. No flame. No runner. After all that, what a disappointment!
The morning is not off to a good start. Especially considering that when we got back, she had had a poo and when I changed her, she squirmed and I got some of the goopiness on my nice white shirt. Arg...
No comments:
Post a Comment