Our little elf had a fantastic first Christmas :)

Caitlin wrote to Santa at the beginning of December to tell him what a good girl she's been so far this year. And he wrote her back! Here is daddy reading her her special letter :)

We went to Mike's family farm on Christmas Eve for a delicious seafood feast care of Francie & Steve - the true beginning of the holiday festivities!

Then we exchanged gifts with the extended family, and Caitlin was camped out beside her cousin, Sienna. She just LOVES her - it's so funny to watch her grab and squeal for her; I think she thinks Sienna is a walking toy :)

When we got home, she baked cookies and put out milk for Santa as well as carrots for the reindeer. What a thoughtful little girl! I had the inside track that Santa likes Chocolate Chunk Cookies, so that's what she made :) Then she went to bed like a good girl and slept the whole night.


When she woke up, we told her she couldn't go downstairs until mommy and daddy were ready too. No peeking! Lucky little munchkin got a Rocking Moose and a Corn Popper from Santa... not to mention some pretty fun stocking stuffer toys. She got so many cool gifts!


She was also excited to see that Santa really enjoyed his milk and cookies... and the reindeer also chowed down on her carrots but left some nubs as proof :)

Then we went up north to the cottage to visit my family for our traditional Christmas dinner. Caitlin was such a little cutie pie, and so well behaved! I know she loved spending time with Grandma & Grandpa, Auntie Becky, Uncle Graham (aka: the guy who makes weird noises) and was totally fascinated by Lucy :)




After a great brunch the next day, Mike and I made the trek back down to the bigsmoke for his family's traditional Boxing Day Lasagna/Cannelloni (except this year it was a Post-Boxing Day event because the guys all went to see the Habs/Leafs game). Our little munchkin got so many neat toys from his family - I'm sure his parents and siblings had a ball picking them out for her!

It was such a great Christmas, and I know that it will only get better year after year :)


No comments:
Post a Comment