Even though Adam goes through the night (and has been doing so since he was really young), he is still on a 'late night' schedule. I think we're going to try and change this up shortly. Here's what he's currently doing:
8:45am: wake up
9:00am: 9 oz bottle
10:30am to 12:00pm: morning nap
1:45pm to 2:30pm: power nap before he eats
3:00pm: 9 oz bottle
4:30pm to 6:00pm: afternoon nap
7:45pm to 8:30pm: power nap
9:00pm: 9 oz bottle
10:30pm: bedtime
So essentially he has two long naps and two power naps. What can I say, he's a sleepy kid! I think what I'll do to make it an earlier night is start dropping the power naps and keep him up a bit longer in the day.
And of course, sometimes this timing shifts slightly - like today, where instead of going to bed at 10:30pm, it was 11:30pm. Last bum change on the couch before bed. Tickle, tickle!
Ahh, so comfy. Lather me up with my lavender lotion!
We usually keep him up after a bottle to get the burpies out, and for a short playtime so he doesn't associate sleep with it. Success so far! All we do when we put him to bed, is walk quietly in his room, softly sing a song, put him in his sleep sac lying down in his crib and zip him up, lift the rail of his crib and walk out the door. Best. Routine. EVER!!!
It's nice to have the opposite child (one who actually likes to A: sleep and B: eat), but it's strange being so housebound. Unlike Caitlin, Adam is a creature of habit and loves sleeping in his crib; in fact, he sleeps better in it then in the car (flash back to me driving Caitlin around in the car more often then not so she'd sleep). So this also means Caitlin's entertainment is at home for the time being to accommodate her brother; a slight adjustment because we used to do a lot of classes and play dates.
I know Adam will eventually change so I'm enjoying this while he's still little :) This type of a schedule can be lonely, but I have a wicked mommy group and all of us seemed to have timed our first and second children just right. It's great for when we get together and is usually a fast 1-2 hour play time when the kids line-up, then back home for more routine :)
Friday, February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment