Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Steps!!!

Caitlin took her first steps today!!

She and I were in our bedroom because we've been fixing up the backyard and daddy happened to be bringing more cedars through the house. I was just about to take her back downstairs so I plopped her standing up in front of the dresser... and because she's so nosey, she walked towards it so she could open it up and discover what's inside! I called daddy immediately and she continued to do it after I backed her up over and over.

And now she's off to the races - she's walking in the living room, on the backyard deck, even on the grass outside. What a munchkin! We're so proud of you honey - especially because you lasted until you were 11.5 months :)

As for the backyard, we've been fixing it so Caitlin can play this summer, and daddy has been putting the finishing touches - emerald cedars. It looks great! We've been debating on getting a sandbox for her, but we're thinking next year instead. She'll probably just eat the sand.

Here we are admiring the backyard as we cheer daddy on :)

I even brought her outside to sit in the grass, but she was unsure of it, so she just decided to squat instead (this was earlier in the week, today she wanted to stomp all over it!).

1 comment:

Becky said...

WAY TO GO Caitlin!!