Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Things

Before I post what I intended to today, here's a picture from last night.

Caitlin had some smelly poos yesterday and when daddy walked in the door, he got to hear ALL about them. So he put this on her bum just to remind us! Trust me daddy, we don't need reminding :)

I think the caption in this one is... 'What the hell are you doing back there?!'

Anyway, I drafted this posting back in mid-April, but was hoping to post pictures as examples, but I haven't been able to capture them. So just to record it, here is what I had written:

Caitlin is brilliant. Maybe I'm biased... just maybe. But she sure is smart.

She's learned how to press buttons to make things work - like the portable phone. She namely likes to hang up on people, but also specializes in calling long distance with random number pressing.

She knows to point at things she wants and if I turn her away, she'll direct me back with grunting and a very hard-to-say-no puppy dog face.

She's also learned how to flick Cheerios and any other hard food that might gain distance from her highchair.

She understands that her dollies have faces and when she's playing with them, she'll take out her menamo or her bottle and push it towards their mouths. So sweet :)

And she also likes to dance! She turns on her monkey toy and plays music while swaying back and forth.

She's also a great clapper. When we have our friends over and we clap for one another, all the babes - including Caitlin - join in on the encouragement. It's adorable to watch the little ones cheer each other on!

It's truly amazing to watch her learn; she does something new now every day :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just let me know when I can start explaining to her Reletivistic Theory, the current state of quantum theories, computer science and basic physics. That way, she may just discover the Quantum Theory of Gravity and pick up where Eintein left off, or find another solution the Poincaré conjecture and become world famous for her work with a Torus!