This morning, Caitlin planted some seeds with grandma.
Grandma opened a seed packet yesterday and showed Caitlin how to place them in a wet cloth overnight so they'd germinate. And this morning, they were ready!

So our little munchkin was put in charge of the watering can as grandma placed the delicate seeds in the soil. Yes, Caitlin needed a bit of guidance, but she more or less watered where she was supposed to!

Then we had a small snack of delicious apple cubes, and admired the view :)

When she was finished, Caitlin asked very nicely if she could go down to see the water.

So off we went!

My parents built special stairs off to the side of the boathouse in the shallowest part of the beachfront so Caitlin could wade in there. Although it was too cold to go swimming, she sat down on her steps - life jacket on as a rule - and watched the waves lap... Wait until it warms up a bit more sweetie :)

I love the fact she gets to enjoy wonderful moments like this up north. I had such fond memories of my parents' cottages when I was young, and I feel lucky she can relish in the same experiences. There's something special to be said about a giant sparkling lake, and careless afternoons :)

When we went back up for lunch, she got grandma to read her her new favourite book, Drummer Hoff. A favourite of mine when I was her age!

Ready, aim... kabloom!
No comments:
Post a Comment