Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Splish Splash!

Auntie Holly came for a visit today to show mommy how to bathe the babe in the big tub (I've done it before, but I killed my back... there's got to be a better way!).

So instead of filling it with deeper water and trying to get her to stay-put on the bath sling, we filled the tub with about 2" of water and let her splash around on her tummy and her back. She loved it! And so did mommy's back :)

And not only was bath time successful, so was feeding time. I've been really concerned as of late that Caitlin isn't learning how to swallow the solid food (which is given to her about 15 minutes after her bottle). As it turns out, she's just not hungry so soon. I gave her a tablespoon of oatmeal cereal before her bottle, and she gobbled it all up. But then it screwed up how much formula she typically takes.

Trial and error, I'm going to have to figure out when the opportune time is for her to eat solids AND get the same amount of formula. She's not going to be a big eater as she grows, she'll probably always eat like a little birdie :)

No comments: