Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trapeze Artist

I've been a little neglectful of our blog lately, but it's because we've had a few changes in our routine and I'm still adjusting.

On Friday, Caitlin got her 6-month immunizations - and she didn't even cry when she got her shots! We rewarded her for being such a brave little girl with a Jolly Jumper. It was such a great buy, she LOVES it and can't get enough! She's woken up the last 2 nights though and wants to bounce around - I think she dreams of her jumper actually :)



I also tried switching her to 3 feeds a day instead of 4 just to see if she would be more interested in solids if she has a longer time period between her formula. I was hoping that because she was getting one less bottle a day, she'd beef up her other feeds. No such luck. So I switched her back to 4 because I want to make sure she's getting enough. Trial and error I guess...

She's changed so much lately. Here's some of the new things she's doing now:

- instead of sitting still on your knee when you're burping her, she'll twist towards you and propel herself onto your shoulder instead for cuddle burps
- she REFUSES to lie still when she's getting her diaper changed - she wants turn onto her tummy, and gives us lip when we turn her back over
- she's fascinated by Elmo and all the Sesame Street characters now
- she actually liked sweet potatoes, and is so-so on apples (next is green beans - HA!)
- she loves playing horsey on your knee

No comments: