Friday, July 24, 2009

Funny Noises... Giggles?

We're getting closer and closer to giggles every day now! I can't wait to hear her little laugh :) I see how quickly she's growing up already because she's doing something new each day like squaking, imitating my noises, less wobbles when holding her head up and is even starting to recognize her hands. I'm trying not to 'wish away' her first year, but there's so many things I can't wait for her to do; but I'll settle on her taking her time for now. Don't grow up my love!


As for today... her little fingernails are like daggers and I've been avoiding cutting them because I don't want to cut her by accident. But I decided to clip them this morning and sure enough, my worries came true. She was so calm except she moved just as I tried cutting - and I got her finger her instead :( She wasn't too happy, but she put on a brave face and let mommy clean it up. Sorry sweetie, I'll never cut them again now!! I guess I'll resort to filing them until I work up the courage again.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Happens to everyone! You'll be a pro in no time. I only cut Gabe once and now I can cut his nails with him moving, running, screaming etc. Don't give up!

Sarah and Mike said...

I know, I just felt so bad!! :( I warned her that she'll have to quickly learn how to load the dishwasher or else mommy is going to cut her nails again!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure she not mad at you. *wink*
Don't give up Sar.

FYI, we're up at the cottage now and I don't have the number...Give my cell a call if you read this.

~Janina