Thursday, July 16, 2009

Making an Impression

Caitlin and I had a fun day yesterday. Welcome Wagon brought a whole bunch of coupons and free gifts after we got home from the hospital, and I've really taken advantage of the things we received (ie: Merry Maids, photographer, etc).

One thing that was included was a free ornament from Wee Piggies & Paws - a place that does hand and feet impressions for babies or animals. So I booked an appointment and went to dip her extremities in a clay form... and it was a lot of fun! I already regret not doing it sooner; she'll be 11 weeks old on Saturday and although her fingers and toes are still tiny, they were so much smaller before... it would have been neat to get the impression done right away :) Anyway, she didn't mind it whatsoever. Here's a shot of us right after. We pick up the ornament in a couple of weeks:

Afterwards, I ran over to Hallmark to grab some cards, and I noticed that they have a whole selection for Beatrix Potter baby things! So I got her a little keepsake for her nursery. They also have the cutest Peter Rabbit piggie bank, but I had to force myself not to buy it because I do have a birthday coming up:

Then we got ready for a very special visitor - Caitlin's great grandma Adams! We had such a nice visit and she really was on her best behaviour :)

But of course, after a full day of exciting things, she was so tuckered out, she fell asleep again on her tummy... this time with her foot sticking out of the crib :)

No comments: