Friday, November 06, 2009

Tracking the Day

I thought if I wrote down Caitlin's day yesterday, I might be able to pinpoint why she seems to be getting up at night... but no such luck.

She had a great day with both naps and food, but she still got up every 40 minutes or so starting at 3:00am. I guess it's just a growth spurt or something?

Here's what a day in the life of Caitlin looks like:

7:35am - wake up
CHANGE
8:05am - feed 6.5oz formula (20/25 minutes)
8:45am - nap
9:30am - wake up
CHANGE
10:05am - feed 2 tbsp cereal
PLAY
11:40am - nap
12:15pm - wake up
CHANGE
12:30pm - feed 5oz formula (50 minutes)
PLAY
2:15pm - nap
3:00pm - wake up
CHANGE/PLAY
4:40pm - feed 6.5oz formula (20/25 minutes)
PLAY
6:00pm - feed 1 tbsp cereal
CHANGE/PLAY
7:45pm - 8.5oz formula
8:35pm - sleep

Whew! That's a lot of work!! As you can see, I don't get much accomplished in a day because she has 2-3 very short naps.

I'm also going to start sewing basic things for her like taggie blankets and such. She just loves this one and I only have one :)

3 comments:

Deb said...

You need to take her to the park for a good run. Get one of those tennis ball throwing things and make her chase after it a few times. Guaranteed, she'll be pooped for the rest of the day. Hey wait a sec. She isn't a Labrador. Doh!
Oh well, I tried.

Dana said...

Hey,
I know you don't want to give her a drink at night, but she could be hungry if it is a growth spurt. I found one bottle at night helped to settle Gabe. Other options that I know people try is to limit nap time (if that's possible) - so like one in the morning one in the afternoon.
A different cereal, sometimes they upset their stomaches??
Have you introduced her to veggies yet?
Good luck with everything - it will pass! :)

Sarah and Mike said...

Thanks Dana!! No, we haven't given her veggies yet - but it will be soon. I'm going to give her mixed cereal next, then veggies. She's not the greatest eater (she eats like a bird), so it's been a bit challenging to make sure she has enough of it so I can judge any reactions. Thanks for the tips! :)