So we went over to the mall to run an errand, and I met another mom with a daughter Caitlin's age. With all my other mom-friends returning to work, it's nice to meet others that are staying home. Having a baby and meeting new friends is exactly like being back in high school again. Except she asked for my contact information this time! (Mike has pointed out that I'm the stalker in these situations!). My other mommy-friend and I joke that we'll have to start recruiting more moms... so of course when I got home, I immediately phoned her to let her know: WE GOT ONE!!
Monday, June 07, 2010
First Day Back
I started back to work today... on a part-time contract, working solely from home, on a corporate laptop issued to me. It was great! I feel so lucky to be have the best of both worlds; hopefully this short contract will prove itself useful and my work will extend it further so I can enjoy the wonderful world of Caitlin :)
Other than that, not much is new. One of Caitlin's friends may have been exposed to chicken pox inadvertently, so we stuck close to home just in case. It would have been wonderful to get together, but given we're going on vacation again soon, I'd rather be safe then be caught in the US with a yucky illness.
So we went over to the mall to run an errand, and I met another mom with a daughter Caitlin's age. With all my other mom-friends returning to work, it's nice to meet others that are staying home. Having a baby and meeting new friends is exactly like being back in high school again. Except she asked for my contact information this time! (Mike has pointed out that I'm the stalker in these situations!). My other mommy-friend and I joke that we'll have to start recruiting more moms... so of course when I got home, I immediately phoned her to let her know: WE GOT ONE!!
So we went over to the mall to run an errand, and I met another mom with a daughter Caitlin's age. With all my other mom-friends returning to work, it's nice to meet others that are staying home. Having a baby and meeting new friends is exactly like being back in high school again. Except she asked for my contact information this time! (Mike has pointed out that I'm the stalker in these situations!). My other mommy-friend and I joke that we'll have to start recruiting more moms... so of course when I got home, I immediately phoned her to let her know: WE GOT ONE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment