Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Taters and Beer

We did some indoor touristy things in Hyannis today because the forecast was rain. And it did.

First stop, the Cape Cod Potato Chip factory! You can't take pictures inside, so this is the only picture we got. I guess they're afraid of people leaking trade secrets... if they're so worried, why can people tour it?

Caitlin is trying desperately to point out a seagull while I'm taking the picture. She's amazed at birds all of a sudden :)

Next stop was the Cape Cod Beer factory, conveniently located almost next store to the chip factory. So where's the Cape Cod Chicken Wing factory?! Then the trip would be complete!

Caitlin really wanted to join in on the fun.

Here she is waving with her jazz hands because I told her to say 'hi' so I could take a picture with all the kegs behind daddy.

We then went to the Cape Cod Mall for the sole purpose to visiting a Stride Rite to buy Caitlin shoes. What deals! I couldn't pass them up, so she's now stocked up until the winter (and now her friend Dani is too!). We visited the Toys R Us as well and got a few things. I grabbed some baby food for her to make sure she was getting her veggies; it's so weird to see how their baby food is packaged down there, and the flavours... very different from up here.

It poured rain, so we stuck around in town and found a nice restaurant for dinner called Tugboats. It was right on the water and because the patio was sheltered, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the harbour. I had baked crusted dijon bluefish and Mike had the fisherman's platter (an assortment of fried seafood).

When we got back, we got Caitlin ready for bed. She tends to roll around a lot when you're trying to get her changed, so I give her toys to play with. Without anything in arms reach, I gave her my camera... and discovered later that she took a picture!!

I'd say it was pretty good for her first - well centered and good composition. Good job honey!

No comments: