Cry It Out Update: Now that we've pretty much got night time down pat, it's the naps that need to be worked on. She actually napped for 30 minutes today, which has been the longest nap in about 2 weeks. So we're getting there, day-by-day. I'm just bursting with excitement that we're done rocking her, and she knows it now. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved holding my baby and having her fall asleep in my arms. There's nothing like holding your sleeping child. But she was getting so big, and it was so important she learn how to fall as asleep on her own, that it was time. I do miss that one-on-one time with her snuggled up, but there are so many other good things to come too.
Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Cranberry-licious
Caitlin learned how they harvest cranberries today. We did a tour-de-marsh at a place near the cottage, and showed her how they grow…
How they're picked (this is the dam where they release the water to flood and rake them)… it's hard to see, but she and daddy are up by the picnic table waving feverishly :)
The gorgeous scenery all around…
And she even got to pretend she was a pesky raccoon.
But of course, what made the afternoon great was screwing around on the wagon. Too bad we went on a weekday and it wasn't being used. She probably had more fun anyway!


We of course stopped by the gift shop and spent way too much on cranberry related treats and wine.
Cry It Out Update: Now that we've pretty much got night time down pat, it's the naps that need to be worked on. She actually napped for 30 minutes today, which has been the longest nap in about 2 weeks. So we're getting there, day-by-day. I'm just bursting with excitement that we're done rocking her, and she knows it now. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved holding my baby and having her fall asleep in my arms. There's nothing like holding your sleeping child. But she was getting so big, and it was so important she learn how to fall as asleep on her own, that it was time. I do miss that one-on-one time with her snuggled up, but there are so many other good things to come too.
Cry It Out Update: Now that we've pretty much got night time down pat, it's the naps that need to be worked on. She actually napped for 30 minutes today, which has been the longest nap in about 2 weeks. So we're getting there, day-by-day. I'm just bursting with excitement that we're done rocking her, and she knows it now. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved holding my baby and having her fall asleep in my arms. There's nothing like holding your sleeping child. But she was getting so big, and it was so important she learn how to fall as asleep on her own, that it was time. I do miss that one-on-one time with her snuggled up, but there are so many other good things to come too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey this was the cranberry festival in bala right? I was there that weekend too :)
Post a Comment