Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blowing Bubbles

Grandpa came for a visit yesterday and Caitlin was on her best behaviour! Mike and I are so lucky to have such a great little girl. I don't know if it's a honeymoon period or her true routine, but the past four nights, she has gone to bed at 10:00/10:30pm and slept right through until 6:00am! We are trying our best to keep her on this schedule because we absolutely LOVE getting 7 hours sleep!! Fingers crossed this isn't a growth-spurt thing. Even if it is though, it's nice she is letting us catch up on our rest before she changes back to feeding every 3 hours.

I took some cute shots of her yesterday when my dad was here. It was such a nice visit with him, and I love spending time with my parents. I am so looking forward to going up to the cottage on the Canada Day weekend :) She even wore one of the cute outfits my mom made. Although it is still a little big, it's adorable nonetheless.

Mike and I also ate dinner outside on the patio the other night too because it was such a lovely evening. I've heard that she won't be able to be in direct sunlight until about 6 months because I can't put on sunscreen yet and she'll burn too easily. So it's nice when the sun is setting and the air is still warm because I can enjoy the weather without worrying.

Here is us goofing around in the backyard, blowing spit bubbles... and look at those big gorgeous blue eyes she has! I wonder if they'll change?

We also paid a visit to Caitlin's fairy godmother, Holly. She had us over to meet her new beau, and to catch up on how quickly our little muffin is growing. Here is the proud auntie! It was funny because Kellie was there too, and I think she wanted to steal Caitlin. Every time she held her, she inched further and further away from mommy! She's such a lucky girl to have such loving friends :) PS: Have fun on your trip next week Kel, we'll be rooting for you as you climb Machu Pichu!

No comments: