Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Visit with the Aunties

Caitlin is so lucky to have so many loving aunties who want to steal her away! The three of us paid a visit to our friends Jamie & Alana to introduce our new bundle, and also for a tasty BBQ dinner :) Although it was a scream-fest for a good part of the night, she relaxed for all of 10 minutes prior to us leaving so I could snap a picture:

This isn't the first time we've brought her to a friends' house where she's been upset. I have no idea why, maybe the change in scenery, or just being passed around like a hot potato? Who knows. Hopefully we aren't scaring our friends into not being parents with all the wailing though... she really is a wonderful addition!!

I am noticing though, that her best time is from about 10am to 4pm - which is great for me! She's alert, interested and willing to play. I just love watching her big blue curious eyes look around the room and discover new things every day.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Okay, here's some mom advice. 4p.m. heralds the beginning of the Arsenic Hour. It's the time of day when you're not sure if you want to administer the arsenic or take it yourself. This hour actually goes on for "hours" until the bundle of not-so-joy goes to sleep.
Here endeth the mom lesson ... from your mom.