Wednesday, June 03, 2009

First Trip to Muskoka

Caitlin had her very first cottage visit this past weekend! It was so nice for the 3 of us to get away - not only to let her very excited grandparents spend some time with her, but to also try to get some rest.

She was such a good girl too - although we had some upset tummy incidents, I think she fell in love with Muskoka and all the trees, just like her daddy :) She couldn't stop looking at all the beautiful leaves.


I even got to try out our carrier - I haven't really had the opportunity to use it, but I had it in her this weekend (mainly to carry her around outside while covered so the blackflies/mosquitoes wouldn't fest on my little bug), and she seemed quite content. In fact, it was so comfortable, I might even sling her in this to get some stuff done around the house now that I know it was worth the money!


Caitlin was even lucky enough to have her first dip in Lake Muskoka... although it came heated and purified from the faucet. She sure loves having a bath now that Auntie Holly showed me how to do it so she doesn't scream... those nurses at the hospital had it all wrong!


I know I wasn't ready to come home, and I have a feeling my mom didn't want to see us (or her darling little granddaughter) to leave either.


But I promise our next visit will be soon, and you'll be lucky enough to have us in the main cottage! Muahahaha....

4 comments:

Deb said...

Good choice of song. It really doesn't last long and Caitlin will be your age in a blink of an eye. Enjoy every "waking" moment even though right now you're desperate for some sleep!
Glad you enjoyed the weekend here in our little corner of paradise.

Sarah and Mike said...

Thanks! Did you know that the artist of the song, Darius Rucker is Hootie from Hootie & the Blowfish? He became a country singer and is pretty good!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures!

The baby carrier looks great on you. You could definitely get some house-hold chores done wearing that. Or even grocery shopping.

Too funny about Hootie. Hootie and the Blowfish was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I really liked the song.

Ps: Steve is eager to try out all his new fishing gear with Mike up North hopefully soon.

Janina

Sarah and Mike said...

The carrier was a great purchase - I have yet to use it again, but I know it will be handy to have.

Mike can't wait to fish either, I know he's looking for some relaxation time down by the dock :)