Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy Weekend

Although Mike worked this weekend, Caitlin and I kept busy. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, so I drove Mike into work both Saturday and Sunday so I could keep the truck and run errands. It was so nice to have some freedom! I think we're going to get another vehicle soon because I really miss having my own set of wheels. Too bad we had to sell the 'Burb because it definitely would've been able to fit all her crap!

We paid a visit to my grandma on Saturday and was lucky enough to have my sister and brother join us :) They haven't seen Caitlin since the hospital because we all live in opposite ends of the city and none of us have a vehicle, so I really enjoyed spending some time with them. Caitlin was completely out cold and made a total liar out of mommy... 'your baby doesn't cry!' HA. She was a really good girl though, and I know that if she were awake, she would have been excited to see her wacky Auntie and Uncle that makes funny noises :)

Caitlin was also thoughtful enough to buy her daddy a little something for Father's Day yesterday, and even signed the card. Hehehe ;)

Today is another beautiful day so we'll be sure to go out for another long walk. I met another mom yesterday afternoon when I was out strolling about and struck up conversation. Maybe I'll bump into her and her little guy again, and maybe I'll meet more new moms in our neighbourhood. One thing is for sure, I can't wait until my friend Katie - who just had her baby yesterday!! Congrats Katie & Nathan and welcome Caleb!! - brings home her little one and is ready for visitors/walks.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday night too - we've asked Mike's mom to come and babysit because we want to go see a movie. Yaa for date night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest card I've ever seen!

Janina

Deb said...

Caitlin's running shoes rock!

Bex said...

Peanut is so cute!!

Yep, that's my nickname for her. I'm claiming it.