Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bottles and Smiles

Mike and I decided to invest in different bottles last night. We had been using the Avent ones which we thought were the best. However, they leak like crazy and I don't recommend them at all not only because of that, but also because they don't release any gas as Caitlin drinks (they normally would, but we have to tighten them so much to prevent leaking, the air holes get sealed up) so the gas gets mixed into the milk... which may be the root of what is making her tummy upset. So we bought Dr. Brown's as recommended by my friend Dana as the have a special filter. So far, much better!! We also had a Playtex Ventaire bottle which was good too, but I think we'll stick with the new ones. We'll have to get some more (as well as the Dr. Brown sterilizer to fit the bottles) and although they are expensive, they seem to be worth it.

We have also noticed an increased awareness with her within the last day or so. She is making eye contact instead of being a space cadet, is smiling much more, and was even cooing after we kiss her cheeks and play with her! I know we won't hear giggles for a while, but these little goo goo's she's doing are too cute :) It's so hard to catch a smile on camera, but I did get the remnants of one:


Aren't these little baby running shoes adorable?!


Luckily I have become a pretty proficient writer with just my right hand as Caitlin frequently occupies my left (like at the moment). She just loves being cuddled - her second home is on our shoulders.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh I'm glad you got the Dr. Brown bottles - I swear that is what stopped Gabriel from having gas issues. I hope you find that they continue to work. If I had the sterilizer I would lend it to you, but we just soaked the bottles in boiling hot water and anti-bacterial soap. :)

Sarah and Mike said...

Thanks Dana! That's ok - we actually have the Avent sterilizer from when we bought the Avent bottles. However the Dr. Brown's are too tall for it. We've just been laying them inside rather than standing them up, and it seems to work :)