Monday, September 14, 2009

On the Move

I find I update my blog in the early morning when my little muffin is still asleep, and daddy has already left for work. He had the past couple days off, so I decided to wait to post my next update because we'd both get some funny pictures of her on his days off... and sure enough, we did!

So here's what happened this weekend:

- I went to two TIFF movies and really enjoyed them, but I found that instead of wanting to see neat TIFF-related events in the city following the flicks, I had a very primal urge to rush home because I missed my little munchkin :)

- We tried giving Caitlin infant tylenol because she wasn't sleeping through the night, and through process of elimination, we thought she might be teething. It worked like a charm, so she was obviously in some discomfort. We gave her one dose 3 days in a row right before bed, and now she's sleeping soundly through the night again. No teeth yet, but her gums are hard, she's still drooling like a monster, and she stuffs anything in her mouth (daddy's fingers are preferred because they're meaty).

- She's still grabbing her toes (and for some reason, she can grab her toes with her left hand better than her right... uh oh, we've got a south-paw!), but she put her big toe in her mouth for the first time on her own! It hasn't happened since, but she had a big grin on her face when she was able to accomplish this! Ewww... now her feet are all smelly...


- Her feeds have become a struggle. I don't know why, but even though I know she's hungry, she fights the bottle for the first 2 oz, and then she'll take the rest with less of a fight. I've tried feeding her earlier thinking she's too hungry, as well as later thinking I'm trying too soon, but both are the same result. She's just getting argumentative about eating.

- She LOVES holding hands. Particularly when she's supposed to be going to sleep, or when she is supposed to be eating. How can I say no to that?! She sure is one happy, well-loved baby :)

- And the grand finale update on her 'new things'... she spins herself around while she's sleeping and does 180 degree turns. Now I know how I lay her down in her crib a certain way every time (head on the left, feet on the right), but she always seems to be in some strange position when I get her up in the morning. One night, she wiggled her way into a position where her legs were sticking out the bars! What a little ham... and she knows it too.

Here are the two peas in a pod... neither of them smile with teeth! Hehehe - like father, like daughter.

2 comments:

Bex said...

What TIFF movies did you see? When were you in Toronto? You should have called and we could have had a visit!!
Would you recommend the flicks?

Sarah and Mike said...

Mike and I went to see Creation on Friday afternoon (great movie, but it felt really long), and then Janina and I saw The Informant! on Saturday morning - hilarious movie! I really enjoyed both. We had to get home right after the movies so there wasn't a lot of time for a visit - besides, I'd rather have the munchkin in tow to see you guys :) Maybe we'll come down for a visit on the weekend?