Thursday, July 07, 2011

Sooo Tired...

So I think it's official. Caitlin is dropping her nap.

Not sure why, but it's THE worst timing. I'm 9 months pregnant, exhausted, and the only hour and a half I got to myself (to nap, or at least rest my feet) has now disappeared.

I've been trying to get her back on track but it's been fruitless. Regardless of how well I stick the routine, she's been growing more and more upset every time I try to get her down. It's almost like I'm going through the cry-it-out thing with her again. And that was awful when she was only 18 months! Now she's older, more stubborn, and is really not giving in to sleep in her crib. Although she'll go to sleep at night right away (because she's so bloody tired), getting her upstairs and changed brings on the tears. That, and she's been waking up at the crack of dawn bawling her eyes out until we get her.

I know it's good for her to have 'down time', so I've tried letting her nap on the couch or just veg out, because I just don't have the energy to fight with her. Funny thing though, if we go for a ride in the van when her nap is 'supposed' to take place, she's out like a light for a good hour. But sitting for long periods of time doesn't work for me with all this added weight, nor is it a solution when baby comes. We just have to figure this out ourselves.

In the meantime, so long sleep. Just when I needed you the most!

No comments: