
Last night was pretty brutal. She was up until midnight, slept for an hour and was up again right through until 4am. Then she slept for an hour and has been up since. Some days she's great, and some days - like today - I feel like I'm delirious with exhaustion. But life goes on; bottles have to get washed and bums need to be changed. Mom says I'm earning my motherhood stripes, and a friend of my mom's said that 'nobody dies from tired' which I thought was funny. And unfortunately sleeping during the day when she sleeps isn't possible - she has infrequent 20 minute naps so it really only give me time to get my act together for the next feeding, etc. I thought babies were sleepy?? Mine sure isn't!
I just wonder when the day will come when she starts to do longer stretches at night. I know the light at the end of the tunnel will eventually come though - I sure hope it's sooner rather than later.

3 comments:
I'm sure this difficult time right now will be rewarded with easy teenage years. The world is full of balance.
Think of it this way. she just loves you so much that she wants to spend every moment with her mommy & daddy.
Get some rest Sar.
Janina
You've just about earned your "No Sleep" badge. I think 6 weeks is the duration for that particular parental function.
I give you credit, remember all of us ahead of you know your "pain". It does get easier - I promise. Gabe still gets up in the middle of the night, has a quick bottle and back to bed - and he is 13 months. I know it is supper frowned on, but I found co-sleeping helped. He would sleep up to 5 hours sometimes beside me. I never rolled over on him, he never fell off the bed and he does sleep very well in his crib (for all those who are shaking their heads at my comment). I ddi however go through withdrawl and had symptoms of "ghost baby". I would wake up freaking out that he had rooled onto the floor - when he wasn't even beside me to begin with! haha
Post a Comment