The past couple of days have been busy - especially at night. I think our little muffin is going through a growth spurt or something because she's been consistently getting up every hour during the night, and it seems as though she just doesn't sleep deeply anymore. It's possible she's teething because she's stuffing everything in her mouth and she is getting frustrated when she can't chomp down hard enough. No pink cheeks though?
As for development, she's 16 weeks as of today: she's excellent with her head/neck, loves to stand and still hates tummy time (in fact, her feet go straight up in the air when you put her on her tummy - she makes no effort to push herself up and crawl). She is also quite chatty - Mike and I are betting she's going to be one chatty little girl when she starts talking :) She's getting better at grabbing things with her hands, but once she does have an item in her grasp, it's headed for the mouth!
We did quite a few things since my last post... we took her swimming for the first time, and she loved it! She had on a snazzy pink wetsuit and a big sun hat. I can't wait to take her again :)

She's recently started hanging onto her car seat and her high chair arm rest with her hands - it's too cute when she does it!

We also had a nice visit from Auntie Nicole and Auntie Kellie - I'll be sad when they go back to work in the fall because it's been nice hanging out with friends while their school is out.

And last, but
definitely not least, Mike treated me to a wonderful afternoon on Thursday. He surprised me with a gift certificate to a spa, where he booked a massage, a manicure, a pedicure and a wash & dry for me. How sweet of my love! Then he took me out for a wonderful dinner to a restaurant I've wanted to go to for a while. It was a nice afternoon of pampering, and his way of saying thank you for everything I do as a mom. I love you sweetie :)
2 comments:
So sweet Sarah. Mike is truly an amazing husband/dad. You are very lucky and deserve it. Enjoy every moment hun. So proud of both of you.
Jeanette
Thanks Jeanette! I would love for you to meet her - let me know when you're in town and you can see my munchkin :)
Post a Comment