Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best Buds

Have I mentioned yet how much I hate bottles?! I feel I'm constantly washing all the components in my free time. As per the picture below, I realize we own a lot of Dr. Brown's... but that is because I'd rather skip doing them every single night. I don't know what the lesser evil is: having to wash them at the end of each day, or letting them pile up into a big heap. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to when he can drop them altogether...

On topic, Adam tried raspberries today; they were an ingredient in his oatmeal. He seems to really like these flavoured cereals; it was strange mixing it though, it was pinkish slop!

After breakfast, I turned Adam around to watch a new Disney movie that Mike got for the kids... Aladdin Caitlin promptly joined him. She was so excited to sit beside her brother like a viewing gallery...

Caitlin has limited princess dresses, so even though the highlight of the day was Jasmine, her Snow White outfit had to do. She was twirling in it (as Adam sat excitedly on the floor watching her spin) and at one point her dress went over top his head. They both thought it was the most hilarious thing ever, and thus it continued for another 10 minutes until Adam started getting annoyed :) This is so embarrassing mom, get it off!

He was fine to watch her twirl around the living room instead of on top of his head :)

As she whirled around mimicking the movie, I brought Adam a toy to occupy his attention; a walking, barking Playskool dog. He's shown an interest in it lately. Caitlin decided it was time for her to play with it too. She's generally great at sharing - one thing we taught her was if she takes something away from Adam, she must replace it with something else so he doesn't get upset. But I hovered around the little guy in this instance to make sure the dog didn't go walking off without his permission...

It did. And this was his reaction... frustrated arms!

I pointed out to Caitlin that Adam was upset that she took his toy, so she replaced it with another fave. This was Adam's first toy - she and daddy bought this dragon when he was just a few days old on a trip to the mall for daddy/daughter time after we returned from the hospital (and I was laid up on bed rest...). He goes to town on the crinkly noises!

We then migrated up to the play room because the living room lost it's lustre, and it was also about time for Adam's nap. But just before I put him down, the two of them played hide-and-seek (the best game EVER in Caitlin's mind!). Where did she go?

Peekaboo, I see you!

I told her it was time for Adam's nappy, but she was adamant her best friend stay and play. She conceded when I told her we'd colour afterwards, so she gave him a big sweet-dreams hug.

This shot reminds me of that cartoon the Abominable Snow Rabbit when he says 'I will love him, and hug him, and pet him, and I will call him George' :)

After the little guy went down, as promised, Caitlin and I coloured. Or rather she dictated to me what she wanted me to draw, and made some colour contributions. In a nutshell, it's all of us waving from the Segwun, roasting marshmallows by the chiminea, her fishing with daddy in the boat, all of us playing under the lean-to we built in the forest, and other little memorable moments in her almost-3-year-old mind :)

I then started on dinner while Adam slept. Caitlin moved onto another activity and was hard at work :)

No comments: