Friday, April 13, 2012

Chest X-Rays

I booked Caitlin to see our doctor this afternoon. She's had a mild cold the last few days, but woke up this morning with a funny sounding cough - something different then I've ever heard before. She's had worse colds, but decided to take her anyway. I've been practically living at the doctor's office this winter/spring, what's one more visit?!

I took her to the mall this morning while I ran an errand; at least she could sit and relax in the stroller. I grabbed a coffee while I was there, and asked for an extra cup... I packed a sippy with OJ for her, but thought the novelty of drinking it out of a Starbucks cup would be fun. It was a hit :)

When we went to the doctor's, she listened to Caitlin's chest. She said she definitely heard a rattle - the first ever for Caitlin; it's never made it's way into her lungs before - and on top of prescribing her antibiotics (again), she sent us for a chest x-ray to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. And here I thought it wasn't serious! I'm SO glad I went!

She was otherwise her chipper self as we waited to be called in for the 'picture of her tummy'...

...and was pleasant and cooperative while getting the x-ray of her chest done. I didn't even think to ask to see what the x-ray looked like - hindsight, it would have been neat. They probably wouldn't have let me anyway.
Our doctor said that we only go in for a follow-up after 10 days if indeed something shows up on the x-ray. Otherwise, follow the antibiotic course and it should be fine. Here's hoping. Will this cold/flu season never end?!

No comments: