Friday, April 27, 2012

Big Milestone!

The day started out as normal; Caitlin woke up before her brother, so I brought her downstairs and we played until he woke. The first order of the day was to match and line up all the contents of her Disney princess tea set.

Done and admiring her handiwork.

She spun around when I asked her to pour me a cup of her delicious tea. Which one does mommy get?

A purple bowl with baby cereal in it instead! Just what I felt like :)

When the tea party wrapped, we built a gigantic railroad that looped the living room. Chugga chugga choo choo!

I dumped the train bin in it's entirety so I could use every piece, and it just so happened that there were alphabet blocks in the same container. Caitlin saw them and switched gears after a few train laps; she wanted to play 'name the alphabet' :) She's so good at it - she knows almost all of them:

Making tall towers as she goes!

We went through the letters one by one to figure out which ones she's got down pat, and which ones she'll need to practice (again, lining them up... wonder who she gets this OCD from?!). Seems that she can do A through L no problem, and then it becomes sporadic. The main ones that stump her are M, N, S, T, U and W. Not bad considering I've heard they don't need to truly know the alphabet until kindergarten. She's my smart cookie :)

Adam did eventually get up around 9:00am, but his schedule is that he eats breakfast and goes down for his morning nap right away (around 9:45am). I'm not kidding that he's a sleepyhead!

So the excitement actually began when he woke up from his nappy. Adam is 8.5 months old and is officially mobile! He decided to start doing the army crawl around his room after I got him changed. It's so sweet to watch him inch his way along; I say that now because he's slow, but I know that's not going to last long!!

He squirmed and grunted his way long the carpet floor while I snapped as many pictures as I could and filmed video. A big milestone!

He kept getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth so I thought for sure he'd crawl in the same fashion as Caitlin did (on the knees), but he's only seemed to master the army crawl at the moment.

I'm coming to get that blasted camera!

When it looked like he'd had enough, I sat him up to fawn over the big accomplishment with claps and praises - he was pretty proud of himself too :)

I thought after the praise he'd flip onto his tummy and get right back at it, but babies get distracted easily. Oooh, toes!

After all the excitement and silly pictures, I fed the two monkeys lunch. They both went down for their nap; Caitlin's is getting shorter and shorter, and it's getting harder to convince her she still needs one. So I bribe her was a promised spread of treats that she's allowed to eat in the playroom afterwards. Today's nap was only a half hour, but I'll take it! She was pleased with the rainbow chip cookies, pineapple, and 3 surprise gummies in the eggie, along with a cold sippy of milk. Who wouldn't like this smorgasbord?!

Adam woke up a short while later, happy as a clam as always :)

Caitlin was playing with Gloomy (Raggedy Anne) and Adam was mesmerized watching the two twirl around. Mind you, he's usually interested in any object his big sister is playing with...

Seeing his interest, Caitlin was kind enough to share her treasured doll with her little brother :)

After playtime, we went downstairs to make dinner. Caitlin and I each carried a baby down in our arms :)

When we got downstairs, I plopped Adam onto his activity centre where he made crank phone calls on his Fisher Price phone...

And Caitlin found a spot for her baby too :)

So proud of our little guy today!!

No comments: