Friday, October 07, 2011

Fan of Fringe

After getting Adam changed and dressed, I came downstairs this morning to find Mike and Caitlin making breakfast! She said she wanted to have a 'sunshine breakfast' (aka: Cora's). So instead of going out, they made their rendition. Scrambled eggies, toast and fruit!

I'd take Caitlin's version any day. She was beaming and proud that she cracked the eggies herself :)

And while the two of them cooked up a storm, I played with Adam in the living room.

After breaky, Caitlin decided to wear her cowboy costume from last halloween on top of her jamamas. The book we bought the other night at Chapters was a Curious George book about a costume party - yes, we're getting her up to speed on what the next holiday is about! Anyway, Curious George dresses up as a cowboy in it, and one of the lines is about how he likes the fringe. Guess who else decided she loves fringe too?!

She also loves her little bro :)

It was so sweet watching the two of them chat! He squealed and watched her while she brought him things to play with and made funny faces.

And she gets the 'gentle' thing. She's quite careful around him; the most she'll ever do is lean on him while hugging him... how can I say no to that? Yes, he might be squished, but squished with love!

He's getting to be a big boy... I'm still cramming him into 0-3 months but really, he's so long that some of the pants are starting to look like capris. I'm going to see how much longer I can stretch them only because he's been in them for such a short time, but I don't know how long that's going to be...

On a more sentimental note, I can really see the family resemblance between the two; there are moments like this one that I look into either of their eyes and I see a piece of each of us :) It's like looking through a window to your own childhood. I'm sure it's neat for our parents too; it's like holding your grown child as a baby once again. Priceless!

No comments: