Things you need while birdwatching in the woods:
Binoculars (noculars). An orange hunting toque. Dollar store sketch pad. Pumpkin bell necklace. Sugar box to keep found treasures in. Apparently she's all set!

Don't forget a big hiking stick!!

Hey grandma, come this way, I'm hiding in the woods, do you see me?

We're gonna go find us some birds!

She was a good little hiker too! Somehow in this get-up she looks like Where's Waldo...

When she's excited, she's such a goofball :) This was her after she heard a big crow, caaa!

Hiking through the woods is fun!

We all went to lunch today to the Swisser in Bracebridge. While we waited for our food, Caitlin noticed that there were a bunch of ladies in red hats at the table behind us.

We all kind of snickered at them, and what does she do?

I LOVE her warped sense of humour!! Nice one Caitlin; a simple gesture like that shows me just how brilliant you are :) And you're 2 and a half!!
Luckily our meal arrived and the chicken fingers and fries took her attention away from the not-so-secret society behind us.

Kids meals at restaurants rock. Jello chaser! Guess what colour?!

Lunch took a while to get through so when we left, it was time for her nap. Instead of rushing back to the cottage, we decided to slowly drive around the lake. It was a nice quiet ride on a drizzly day. She woke up as we drove through Bala, so we decided to stop to see the falls.
We brought Caitlin down to the edge to peer over at the rushing water below, and she found a chair to sit in and admire the view.

What a perfect spot!

Adam assumed his favourite position too :)

It's really neat watching the water go by. Quite mesmerizing...

The bridge we were standing on has big gaps in the railings so although it was fun to let her watch the rushing rapids, I was RIGHT behind her hanging onto her shirt the whole time!

Then daddy took over and this was the look I got from the two of them as I told them to be careful as she squirmed in his arms while still on the bridge during a tickle fight. Guess I'm the killjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment