Friday, September 16, 2011

Apple Orchard

After lunch today, Adam and I had some cuddles in the kitchen...

He's only a month but already has a sense of humour. Look at that little smirk!

His little giggle - or the beginnings of his giggle - is adorable!

All the tickles and laughter tuckered him out, and he fell asleep smiling :)

Into the playpen he goes...

We typically swaddle him, but lately we've been testing to see if he's okay without. He'll eventually move into a sleep sac, so it's nice to know it doesn't seem to bother him either way. His naps are still downstairs so I can keep an eye on him in the day while Caitlin and I play, and at night he's in his bassinet in our bedroom. He seems to be able to sleep through whatever noise his sister makes which is wonderful!

And even better news, Caitlin has picked her afternoon nap back up! She dropped it for the longest time, but I was determined (figuring that the change was because she was stressed about a new baby coming) to get her back into the rhythm of her former schedule. And after about a week, she seems to be accepting it. See, he's not so bad afterall! It's still hit and miss, but we're seeing the beginnings of it returning.

So after a short nap (I'll take whatever now - even if it's only 30 minutes!), she came downstairs and was goofing around on the couch. We told her we were going apple picking so she was quite excited and acted all silly :)

A quick bum change for Adam (who didn't even bother to wake for it), and off to the orchard we went!

Bag in hand, headed to the Macintosh section...

This is just like Easter - can I go collect now?!

I like this one...

Hmmm, a tad harder to pull off the tree than I thought!

Daddy will help me!

This is so much easier AND fun! Wee!

Big kisses for daddy :)

Caitlin wanted to get off his shoulders, so we were able to take a nice picture of just the two of us...

Our heads were turned for all of two seconds and she was halfway down the row! (And might I add, all we could hear was laughter as she ran!)

We caught up with her as she munched away; she managed to get quite a few bites into the apple (which I think she picked up from the ground vs. off the tree itself) before we were able to inspect/polish it for her. Guess clean or shiny doesn't matter!

Look at all those little mouse bites!

She just loves apples. She even told me once her favourite part is the skin. Weird kid! Most 2-year olds like to have them peeled and sliced. Not our munchkin!

I squatted down to give her a hug...

But the sugar from the apple kicked in and she went all squirrely! Yes, even apples make her crazy - imagine what processed sugar does to her! Good thing the ground wasn't too muddy...

So Mike got a good one of Adam and I instead, and one of us as usual is sleeping in the picture :) It took him a bit to settle into the carrier; he's not the biggest fan of it, but he gave in while we picked apples. It's not like he had much of a choice though, we weren't going to lug the car seat...

But when we told her it was time to go, she wanted to hold hands and go for 'one last walk'...

Apple picking was so much fun! We always buy too many, but it's always worth it :)

Now comes all the yummy treats :)

No comments: