Mike asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday tomorrow. My request is a homemade cake and birthday party with the kids :) Cherry chip is my favourite, so that's exactly what he got.
Tonight's mission is for them to bake. I'm not allowed to see the finished product, but I was able to snap a few pictures along the way. Even if it was a secret, she would have given it away...
Here she is banging on all the measuring cups and bowls. Nice music kiddo; good thing we have Advil! I have to admit, I was surprised Adam slept through it all... fine, maybe not that surprised :)

Okay mommy, close your eyes. Now open them! This is the cake we're making you!

Daddy used the hand mixer, so here she is begging to lick the beaters once he was done. Pretty please daddy, with cherries on top :)

When the cake was finished, daddy took it out to cool. It's looks so beautiful, wait until you see it!

I'm usually the baker in the house - not that baking a Betty Crocker cake is difficult. But with all the commotion (mainly the little person running around in an apron), Mike didn't measure the right about of liquid to mix with the powder. In fact, he doubled it. So the solution was to add another box of cake mix. Result... I'm getting a ginormous cake tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment