Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life Change

Today wasn't so hot of a day. Mike was let go from work today.

The day started off just like normal, then around 3pm I had trouble getting a hold of him on his work cell phone. I called and messaged him, but no answer. I had a funny feeling; Mike's boss was also let go recently and the same thing happened to him. They of course took away his work cell phone and his wife couldn't get him either.

When Mike walked in the door later than usual, he had a look on his face. I asked if everything was okay and he said no. I jumped up to hug him because I knew what happened - he didn't even have to say it.

It's gut wrenching because he truly loved what he did, where he worked, and he was great at it. They were just changing up their staffing and he was caught in the crossfire.

But I have faith in my mate; I picked him for good reason. He's kind, generous and genuinely a hard worker. My shiny penny amongst the dull and ordinary ones :) He will always land on his feet; this is just a little bump in the road. It just sucks this happened to him, of all people - he pours his heart and soul into everything. But we're a team and I believe in him :)

No comments: