Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Party Animal

I had such a nice day today, thank you for such a wonderful birthday!

It started off with flowers arriving at the door. Mike was at work so I automatically thought they were from him. The only thing the note said was 'a ring is round...' so I immediately knew they were from my best friend Holly :) What a lovely surprise!

When daddy got home, he decorated the kitchen and made me a delicious BBQ dinner with sausages, veggie skewers and corn. Caitlin was SO hyped up - she was running around in a pretty dress, playing with balloons, wearing a party hat, blowing noise makers and was dying to sing happy birthday. She literally couldn't contain her excitement as displayed by her actions - who knows why she does what she does!

Then with a little help from Caitlin, I blew out my candles and opened presents! I just love her party face :)

I completely forgot to take a picture of my beautiful cake before I cut into it, so this is a late attempt at capturing the work of art it was. Talk about diabetic shock - it was covered in icing, star sprinkles and picasso-like swirls!

Happy birthday mommy!

I know Adam probably would have wanted to throw his hands in the air just like his sister, but he was snoozing away. That's the best gift - a sweet, thoughtful husband and two wonderful kids :)

No comments: