Thursday, September 22, 2011

Captured in Stone

Adam had an impression made of his hand today! It will be framed so we can hang it on the wall and remember just how little his hands were.

I did the same for Caitlin when she was 10 weeks old - Adam is only 5 weeks though. It's amazing how much of a difference emotionally I am this time 'round. I barely made it out the door with her, but with Adam, no problem. I suppose it's because my body is already used to this level of exhaustion!

This is the wet impression we made. I haven't been brave enough to cut his nails yet, and you can sort of see his little daggers in the mold! Guess it's time. You're not supposed to cut them until they harden, and until then they just peel. But his haven't, hence the claws!

On the back of Caitlin's frame is a little poem that reads 'This is the hand that you used to hold, when I was just 10 weeks old'. It chokes me up every time I read it! I'm so glad I've done this for each of them, and I can't wait to get his back in a few weeks.

And speaking of the cute little guy, he seems to be ready to bump his formula by another ounce. We gave him 5oz tonight, and he seemed to zonk out... as did daddy :) We'll see how long he goes with the extra bit in his bottle!

No comments: