Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Trip to the Doc's

So it's been another 48 hours since we saw our doctor last, and still no improvement in Caitlin's fever.

The daily routine for the last week has been this:

- She wakes up with a fever of 103-something; this morning was actually 104.2
- Strip her down to diaper and take her downstairs to sit on couch, get cool water cut with juice, toast and get Advil in her system ASAP
- 2 hours later give her Tylenol; fever comes down and maintains at about 100.8-ish through the rest of the day (by constantly dosing as per instructions, switching between Advil and Tylenol)
- After an afternoon nap, she wakes up with a 101.4 temperature which seems to climb higher from then on
- Just before an early bedtime, fever averages about 102.6; one last does of Advil before bed

The doc still thinks viral so no antibiotics. Caitlin is on Day 7 today, which is the day daddy's finally broke. Hopefully we're nearing the end. I just want my sweetheart to be better. I also discussed being on OTC medication for as long as we have, and she said there's no worry whatsoever. I've been a little on edge dispensing it as much as we have, but the doc said it's important to manage the fever. Apparently they under-dose on the package, so it's totally fine to have as much as she's had. It's what it's made for.

Meanwhile, Adam tried barley cereal for the first time this morning and liked it of course. I'm sensing I'm not going to have issues feeding this boy!

No comments: