Friday, March 09, 2012

Wicked Storm

Mike and I decided to go down to Bass Pro today. Knowing there was a winter storm approaching, we tried to beat it. We didn't make it.

In fact, we got stuck smack dab in it, and behind a tractor-trailer accident that shut down the highway southbound. We unfortunately had to wait it out.

Lucky for us, I happened to pack a picnic for Caitlin that she ate in her car seat, fully entertained by the movie playing in the van. Adam wasn't due for another bit, so it ended up working out okay.

An hour later, and Caitlin was trying on Rapunzel hair at the Disney store.

We then headed to Bass Pro to check out the fish. Adam was more interested in goofing with Sophie as daddy pointed out some rainbow trout to Caitlin.

The big aquariums with glass windows are the draw though.

Cool gar!

What the heck was that?!

It was just your sister getting eaten by a bear.

We didn't buy anything today, but we did come away with a free balloon and big smiles :)

We then got a fun treat - strawberry ice cream with sprinkles!

Adam kept trying to steal daddy's :) He tried sweet potatoes for the first time today and liked them, but I guess the lure of sprinkles was much more interesting.

Just before we left, we did the round at the pet store to see what animals were there. There's nothing better then free amusement!

Why does my child feel the need to pretend she's a dog? I don't think I want to meet the pooch that this bone would be suited for. It's as big at Caitlin!

As Adam was due to eat, I was able to find a comfy chair just outside of the store to feed him his bottle. Once finished, I got a pic with both my kids, and neither one look 'all there'. Naps are obviously around the corner.

Caitlin took a ride on the carousel...

As I got Adam ready for the ride home. Ah, milk coma's are the best!

The sweetest picture from today I think, was one of the last. Mike fed Adam his last bottle before bed and was kissing his neck and making silly noises. Adam's little giggles were priceless!

No comments: