I'm afraid to even write this down for fear that it might return, but I think today was the last day for Caitlin's fever.
Today was her Day 11 and although she woke up with a very low grade fever, it disappeared through the day, and she was a normal temperature when she went to bed. We gave her some Advil one last time just in case, but I know (and hope) in my heart it's over. I had a feeling she'd take longer than Mike to recover - his fever lasted 7 days - as she's still so little and her immune isn't up to snuff yet. Although I'd beg to differ that this winter has greased the wheels in that respect.
So after 2 weeks straight of fevers in this house, we're well. It was really hard to believe it was indeed a virus and to have to wait this out. I have to say, head colds and stomach flus really suck, but fevers scare me simply for the fear of having them spike quickly and get out of control.
I am SO thankful she is better.
Today was her best friend's birthday party, but we decided to stay at home. I didn't want to pass this awful illness onto any of her friends and have them go through what we just did.
So with her spirits up and her sense of humour back, we went down the street for lunch at McDonald's.
Our cookie monster was happy to have her back to normal too :)
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment